Thursday, August 11, 2005

Orentation...Kinda like 6th Grade Government

So I have been attending my law school's New Student Orientation. I would like to describe it as pulling teeth, but slower. My goodess. Today they actually took an hour to explain that there were 3 branches of government, and what they did in accordance with the law. I can understand that you have to start somewhere, and I don't believe that it will remain at this pace, but what made it worse is that some people were frantically writing this information down. I mean are you kidding! Call me crazy, but I doubt that will be on the final. If it is call me Chief Justice because I have this nailed. One of my professors looks like an older John Wayne from True Grit...(the one with the eye patch). He is pretty much a bad ass. My LR&W prof seems fairly legit. So now I just have to finish up reading for my Mock Class and get ready for the real deal. Lets just get on with it.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth E. Crocken said...

They start law school off slow, it will pick up, trust me. The first year they try to scare you. I don't know where you are going, but I attended UB in Baltimore, Maryland... the first year was just seeing how much they can pile on. You will get used to it and it becomes pretty mechanical. All in all, if you made it in, you can certainly make it out...

11:24 AM  
Blogger BootStraps said...

Thanks Kenneth, I am currently now in week 2 and things have picked up now. Not overly burdensome, but not 6th grade either.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home