Sunday, October 14, 2007

Does Fort Worth Ever CrossYour Mind?

Listen to this while you read my post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD1W2nQrNpM

So if finally happened I got a job! I know I have not talked about this aspect of law school too much, because honestly I was too damn frustrated. You would think that 90% of the law school gets a great summer associate job with a huge firm and every one is offered a job. It sure as hell seems that way. However; this is not true. Only about 30-40% of the class gets an offer at the beginning of their 3L year. The CSO says it is an even lower percentage.

So now you must be wondering to yourself, why the hell am I listening to this country song? Well, I hope your answer to the question that the song poses is ALL THE EFFING TIME because yours truely, Bootstraps, will be working if Ft. Worth.

I had more to this post, but since I just googled this blogs name I saw it was linked to a Dallas Law Blog. Hence, I've decided to keep any particulars about my hiring to a minimum. It however would not take much to figure out how it all happened

So Yeah. Bootstraps is a Federal Clerk. WTF

4 Comments:

Blogger Exiled said...

The holding from this post was that when Bootstraps is wearing boots, he cannot be stopped. This is post serves to augment previously standing precedent. Judgment affirmed.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

So proud of you ! But you should stay in Austin and entertain me.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Type A said...

I like that major events in your life (concerning your career choice anyway) can be summed up using Country & Western song titles. I think I'm going to make a Bootstraps playlist on my ipod...can't wait to hear your next song... ;o)

6:18 PM  
Blogger BootStraps said...

LOL, nice Stiletos. I do think it is incredible appropriate that I get offered my first job wearing boots.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home