Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I was SHOCKED! Very Refreshing...Go Irish

I believe I've posted this before, but as a 3L very little happenings in law school come as any suprise. This is evidence by my lack of posts since my 1L year. In any event, this was not the case Monday afternoon.

Upon running late to clase, I realize that there is not a soul in the classroom. I ask the assistant if class had been canceled. She informed me that class had not been cancelled, but had relocated to a popular bar amoung us law students. I guess that the luck of the Irish had swept in.

I get there and everyone is sitting at a semi large table drinking very good (and not cheap) dark beer. Needless to say, the tab was picked up by UT. It's a class expense. Class at a bar really is the way to go. Oh I was asked if I was a Virgin by my law professor, (this was done in a classroom way to make a point of how uncomfortable questioning makes people) everybody had a laugh when I pretty much yelled NO across the table. Everything was going fine when something Scotish whispered in the air. I was not sure what this was...a recording?

Then they came. 1 lead bag piper, 3 followers, and 2 drummers in full scotish kilts and hats with plumage. They walk through the bar while the rest of us were laughing. Then they set up camp right at the end of the porch. While 1 or 2 songs on a bag pipe are cool an hour and a half is a little much. Most songs sound the same...I did get excited for Brave Scotland and Amazing Grace.

So in an attempt to continue class we discussed some of the finer points of Voir Dire in state court...while drinking beer.....while yelling over bag pipes...take a moment to visualize this...yup...didn't see this one coming.

On a side note, what the fuck is it with the Scotish? It is St. Patricks day. IRISH. Why wear kilts? Now I hear that bag pipes are used in Ireland as well...thats fine...but kilts? Would the damn scots get their own holiday. I wanted to throw my pint glass like the true Irishman I am and yell "Where is your William Wallance now Bitch!" I of course did not realizing that I had 1) never been to Ireland 2) chances are that the bagpipers have not been to Scotland and 3) Im Texan...so I drank. I still think the Scots should back off though.

After class officially ended, a few of us stuck around to celebreate...well celebrate class being over. Pitcher, pitcher, green beer, green beer and a bar change; the evening ended at 12:30am with myself and another litigator law student 3 sheets to the wind.

So yeah...GO IRISH.

4 Comments:

Blogger Exiled said...

I'm curious what area of the law you were discussing that your virginity became an issue.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Redford said...

St patrick's day is a holiday I always break for, regardless of what's happening. Last year I skipped a week of my lpc for an impromptu trip to ireland. It was by far the best week of my lpc, swiftly followed by the worst.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oakland County Criminal and Business Lawyer

Are you a southeast Michigan resident who needs an aggressive attorney for their business or criminal defense concerns?
See how we can help you today!
want to know more?click below link
CLICK HERE

3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OnlineServicesExpert.com-Buy 100% Real Facebook Fans, Twitter Followers,All SMM

Facebook is the king of social networks, with a potentially large stream of potential customers.We provide 100% real and targeted Facebook likes for increasing your sales, revenue and business growth.Start your Facebook marketing campaign with our guaranteed FB likes service.
Social media marketing

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home