Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The first of many Internship posts

I do apologize in advance for the myriad amounts of internship posts. It is not my fault that this internship may be the most boring on the planet and that they pay me to sit here and blog.

My schedule:

6:45am awake and greet the day with a smile a cup of coffee knowing that this will be the only productive thing I accomplish all day.

7:30am After eating breakfast consisting of Honey Bunches of Oats and Peanut Butter head out the door having acutally accomplished tying a tie ( I will take this time to correct my previous statement...Tying a Tie is the most productive thing I accomplsih all day)

8:13am Arrive at work (Im supposed to get there at 8am, but no one notices because they don't even know I work there)

8:15am Check office email, which I actually have because my mother works for the same bank...Sweet Mom. and check my other mailbox where I attempt to respond in witty and clever ways.

9am Attempt to drum up some work which is met by stares of "Do you even work here?"

10am Return to my desk after making the rounds. Having another cup of coffee and using the restroom for the daily morning ritual.

10:20 Check if BuffaloWings and Vodka http://wingsandvodka.blogs.com/ has created a new post yet.

11:00 Start to think about lunch and email with my friends who also have meaningless internships. Some have good ones though and I get mad when they don't use email like IM

12:30 Sneak out the door for lunch and meet my dad in park for lunch. I sneak out because you can have more than an hour if they don't know exactally when you leave.

1:37pm Arrive back at work and realize that sneaking is not nessasary. One time they called security to see if I even worked there.

2:30 Go on the internet to find fun flash games. I have many sites that will be posted soon

3:30 contemplate suicide and fling myself against the windows to find out much to my dissapointment everyday that they have NOT been replaced with breakaway glass and are still plexiglass

4:00pm Start playful banter with my parents on email about who will be home last. I know gosh darn well i wont be last, but i play as though i may actually come in behind everyone else

4:50 Stare at the blips of the time clock waiting for the magic number of 5:00 to appear.

4:59pm Get frustrated and leave anyway.

5:10pm Strip off all articles of "grown up" clothes drive with my windows down listining to Magic Carpet Ride or Stevie Ray Vaughn greatest hits.

6:00pm Watch Law and Order for 3 straight hours on TNT untill I fall asleep

Repeat

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are forgetting to post whatelse you do around 8:30 a.m. and p.m....even though it is probably the bane of your existence. oh, bootstraps, ive been meaning to ask...single?

8:57 AM  
Blogger BootStraps said...

Dirty tricks Jessica, Dirty tricks

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, this answer i do know: "mum's the word"

9:02 AM  
Blogger BootStraps said...

Mums the word now what?

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home